- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
WoWE Leadership Forum: Expanding Your Toolkit. Powering Our Future.
Thanks to this year's Sponsors:
Please consider staying in Albuquerque and registering to attend the AWEA Fall Symposium just after the WoWE Leadership Forum.
What did last year's WoWE Leadership Forum Attendees have to say?
It was amazing seeing so many talented women in wind energy in one place.
I felt so empowered when I left. It was an incredible experience to hear the stories of the successful women around me and I learned some tools to help push me further in my career.
Validating to see all the different avenues there are to becoming a leader in the industry
Meeting high profile and successful women in the wind industry and hearing their encouragement.
Great event. Can’t wait for next year!
WoWE Leadership Forum 2015. (Exact times subject to change)
Expanding Your Toolkit. Powering Our Future.
Kristin Swenson, Algonquin Power Company
(Advisor-Chair) Mallory Lindgren, Westwood Professional Services
Trudy Forsyth, Wind Advisors Team, WoWE Board Member
MONDAY, November 2, 2015
1:00 - 4:00pm
Crowdsourcing your Professional Development
A Structured Networking Opportunity
Location: PUMA ABC
4:00 - 5:30pm
Group Hike/Walk (Optional)
Location: Meet in PUMA ABC
6:00 - 8:30pm
Evening Welcome Reception
Location: Tamaya Veranda
TUESDAY, November 3, 2015
Location: Tamaya FGH
8:00 AM - Registration Opens (light breakfast provided)
8:30AM - Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:45AM - Structured Networking Session
9:30AM - Industry Trends Panel - focused on the growth of Solar and what that means for the whole renewable energy field.
Betsy Engelking, Geronimo Energy, Vice President
Emily Sanders Cohen, Infinity Renewables, Director
Becky Diffen, Vinson and Elkins, Senior Associate
Emily Williams, Altenex, Director of Energy Supply
10:45AM - Leadership Skills Training and Keynote: Don't just talk, Communicate!
Margy Schaller, Laser Pointer, President
All of us have a natural communication style; the trick is to learn what that is and own it. Rather than telling us to “get out of our comfort zone” with some new communication fad, Margy Schaller will focus on the natural styles and skills we each possess. She taps into heart knowledge rather than just head knowledge. Margy has the rare ability to deliver Instruction, Inspiration and Results with contagious enthusiasm.
Attendees will learn:
- Four speaking styles and which one(s) they are
- How to capitalize on natural strengths of their style while avoiding conversational “landmines”
- To own your voice when communicating the renewable energy message in your everyday life
11:45AM - Networking Lunch
1:00PM - Principles in Practice Session 1 and 2
- Laura Nagy, a principal biologist with DNV GL, will be sharing tips on the abstract writing and submission process as well as finding more speaking opportunities.
- Lisa Carpenter, President of Emerald Quest Coaching, will talk on executive presence with an eye on body language that projects confidence.
- Lauren Glickman, WoWE consultant, will lead a session on developing your LinkedIn strategy. Lauren will offer tips for improving your profile on LinkedIn and help you develop a strategy for ongoing activities.
- Margy Schaller, our keynote speaker, will help improve your powerpoint presentations for an engaging delivery.
3:00PM - Wise Women Panel and Q&A
Chris Nuckols, ReGenerate Consulting, Principal
Marlene Brown, Sandia National Laboratory, Senior Member Technical Staff
Lynda Lovejoy, New Mexico Public Relation Commission, Commissioner
Jennifer Martin, Stoel Rives, Attorney
Carol Giles Neslund, Enphase Energy, Vice President, Americas
Kate O’Hair, EDF Renewables, Vice President Development - Central
4:30PM - Closing Session and Individual Reflection