- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
Sept 2013: Persuade your boss to send you to the WoWE Leadership Forum
Please consider staying in Colorado Springs and registering to attend the AWEA Fall Symposium just after the WoWE Leadership Forum.
What do past WoWE Leadership Forum Attendees have to say?
It was amazing seeing so many talented women in wind energy in one place.
I felt so empowered when I left. It was an incredible experience to hear the stories of the successful women around me and I learned some tools to help push me further in my career.
Validating to see all the different avenues there are to becoming a leader in the industry
Meeting high profile and successful women in the wind industry and hearing their encouragement.
Great event. Can’t wait for next year!
The WoWE Leadership Forum is a professional
development opportunity like none other! No other event combines
leadership training, wind energy industry education and networking with
companies and organizations from all over the wind industry PLUS other
Tips on getting approval to attend:
- Add a personal touch - talk to your boss in person.
- This is a professional development
opportunity that will help you grow as an employee AND you will leave
the Leadership Forum with tools that will benefit your company too!
- Increase your industry knowledge - The Industry Trends Panel is focused on sharing the 'must-know' updates in the industry including policy.
- Make new business connections - You will meet women and men from across the industry and expand your network for future opportunities.
- Share the information you gained -
Offer to give a presentation to your colleagues upon your return, so
others can learn from your participation in the WoWE Leadership Forum.