- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
WoWE Rising Star Award
Rising Star - Honors a woman relatively new to wind energy who is already making significant professional contributions. Rising Star nominees show unusual talent, dedication, and innovation in their wind industry work.
2015 Nomination Form coming in January
2014 Rising Star Nomination Form
The nomination deadline for this award is February 21, 2014.
WoWE's 2014 Rising Star Honoree:
2013 WoWE Rising Star Kylah McNabb. Kylah McNabb is currently a program manager and wind development specialist at the Oklahoma State Department of Commerce/State Energy Office. She started her career working for the Oklahoma Wind Power Initiative, and then worked as a project manager for Horizon Wind Energy before achieving her current post. She is a very directed, determined person, building this unique career upon her roots of a Bachelor’s in geography and an MBA, both from the University of Oklahoma. She is a 2011 graduate of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s Executive Energy Leadership Program, which she describes as one of her most proud accomplishments. She has experience in private wind development and wind industry research and development, oversight and financial management of over $70M in federal funding programs, loan program development and management and policy analysis. She is truly indispensable to wind energy in Oklahoma!
The WoWE Rising Star Lineage includes:
- 2014 Rising Star - Kylah McNabb, Program Manager and Wind Development Specialist at the Oklahoma State Department of Commerce/State Energy Office
- 2013 Rising Star - Dr. Julie Lundquist, Assistant Professor at the University of Colorado at Boulder
- 2012 Rising Star - Jennifer Jenkins, Executive Director, Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA)
- 2011 Rising Star - Alicia Cushman, Wind Energy Assessment Manager, enXco
- 2010 Rising Star - Jennifer States, Senior Energy Specialist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- 2009 Rising Star - Sarah Wright, Founder and Executive Director, Utah Clean Energy
- 2008 Rising Star - Elizabeth Salerno; Chief Economist & Director, Industry Data & Analysis at American Wind Energy Association