- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
WoWE Rising Star Award
Honors a woman relatively new to wind energy who is already making significant professional contributions. Rising Star nominees show unusual talent, dedication, and innovation in their wind industry work.
The nomination deadline for this award is March 24, 2017.
WoWE's 2016 Rising Star Honoree:
Ellen Crivella has over 9 years of experience in the renewable energy industry, and leads the North American Environmental and Permitting Services Team in the preparation of development activities including the siting and licensing of renewable energy projects, ensuring construction and operational compliance, and conducting due diligence reviews for financial transactions. She is also the Global Head of DNV GL’s Environmental Permitting Services Practice where she is responsible for knowledge development and quality of services delivered around the world. She holds both a BS in Natural Resources and an MS in Environmental Science from The Ohio State University and an MS in Environmental Law from Vermont Law School.
The WoWE Rising Star Lineage includes:
- 2016 Rising Star - Ellen Crivella, Global Head of Practice and Head of Section, North America, Environmental and Permitting Services at DNV GL
- 2015 Rising Star - Erin Wiedower, Business Development Manager, Goldwind Americas
- 2014 Rising Star - Kylah McNabb, Program Manager and Wind Development Specialist at the Oklahoma State Department of Commerce/State Energy Office
- 2013 Rising Star - Dr. Julie Lundquist, Assistant Professor at the University of Colorado at Boulder
- 2012 Rising Star - Jennifer Jenkins, Executive Director, Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA)
- 2011 Rising Star - Alicia Cushman, Wind Energy Assessment Manager, enXco
- 2010 Rising Star - Jennifer States, Senior Energy Specialist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- 2009 Rising Star - Sarah Wright, Founder and Executive Director, Utah Clean Energy
- 2008 Rising Star - Elizabeth Salerno; Chief Economist & Director, Industry Data & Analysis at American Wind Energy Association