- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
Why is this training important?
Why is this training in important?
Research shows that, across the world, far fewer women are involved in substantive dialogues of any kind, be they at the community level, the national level, the international level or even the personal level. Whether the discussions are about finding solutions to climate change, supply chain resource conflicts, democratic governance or peace building (to name but a few), more women need a say in how such existential decisions are made.
CBI’s Political Acumen trainings build capacity for ongoing advocacy, internal organizational development and strategic planning, and multi-stakeholder collaboration (governments, civil society, private sector, etc.). This course will improve your skills in:
- Influencing decision making in settings from which women are typically excluded or absent
- Prioritizing policy and project activities for your organization given multiple mandates and finite resources
- Determining what role your organization should play in a given decision making process and when
- Identifying individuals and groups who can help or hinder your organization’s efforts
- Leveraging influence of key collaborators and/or constituents to advance your goals
- Meeting the interests of your organization or constituency while preserving external relationships