- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
WoWE Woman of the Year Award
Awarded to a woman who stands out for her leadership, inspiration, and significant contributions to the expansion and improvement of the renewable energy field. Whether she is the leader of a company or organization, or works behind-the-scenes, she is making wind energy development happen at the highest level.
The nomination deadline for this award is March 11, 2016.
WoWE's 2016 Woman of the Year Honoree:
Dr. Dora Nakafuji is the Director of Renewable Energy Planning in the Grid Technologies Department at Hawaiian Electric Company and has over 15 years of experience working in renewable integration and energy research. Her efforts include working with various utilities, states and national energy efforts to foster collaborations with utilities and industries to build unique partnerships. Her group has led and leveraged over $20M of grant funded efforts enabling development and deployment of “smart” technologies to sustainably transform the utilities to meet Hawaii’s aggressive RPS and energy policy goals.
The WoWE Woman of the Year Lineage includes:
- 2016 Women of the year - Dr. Dora Nakafuji, Director of Renewable Energy Planning in Grid Technologies, Hawaiian Electrci Company
- 2015 Woman of the year - Susan Reilly, President of RES Americas
- 2014 Woman of the Year - Trudy Forsyth, Managing Director of Wind Advisors Team
- 2013 Woman of the Year - Lucille Olszewski, Meterologist, Ensemble Wind
- 2012 Woman of the Year - Leslie Freiman, General Counsel, Chief Regulatory Officer, and Secretary for EDP Renewables (EDPR)
- 2011 Woman of the Year - Beth Soholt, Executive Director of Wind on the Wires (WOW)
- 2010 Woman of the Year - Abby Arnold, Executive Director of the American Wind Wildlife Institute (AWWI) and Senior Mediator at Kearns & West
- 2009 Woman of the Year - Karen Conover, Vice President, DNV GL Group
- 2008 Woman of the Year - Rachel Shimshak, Director, Renewable Northwest Project
- 2007 Woman of the Year - Jan Hamrin, President, Center for Resource Solutions
- 2006 Woman of the Year - Jan (Blittersdorf) Blomstrann, CEO and President, Renewable NRG Systems Inc.