- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
WoWE Annual Honors
By putting the spotlight on women at the pinnacle of the renewable energy field, up-and-coming leaders, and those that work to ensure a culture of support and advancement for women, we provide real-world role models that are genuine examples of achievement, creativity, and courage.
WoWE offers three annual awards:
- Woman of the Year - Awarded to a woman who stands out for her leadership, inspiration, and significant contributions to the expansion and improvement of the wind industry. Whether she is the leader of a company or organization, or works behind-the-scenes, she is making wind energy development happen at the highest level.
- Rising Star - Honors a woman relatively new to wind energy who is already making significant professional contributions. Rising Star nominees show unusual talent, dedication, and innovation in their wind industry work.
- WoWE Champion - Honors an individual(of any gender)who has significantly contributed to the advancement of women in the field of renewable energy. This award celebrates those who have notably supported and encouraged the growth of women and helped to increase educational and/or professional opportunities.
The nomination deadline for all of these awards is March 13, 2015.
Past WoWE Honorees include:
- 2014 Woman of the Year - Trudy Forsyth, Managing Director, Wind Advisors
- 2013 Woman of the Year - Lucille Olszewski, Meteorologist, Ensemble Wind
- 2012 Woman of the Year - Leslie Freiman, General Counsel, Chief Regulatory Officer, and Secretary for EDP Renewables (EDPR)
- 2011 Woman of the Year - Beth Soholt, Executive Director of Wind on the Wires (WOW)
- 2010 Woman of the Year - Abby Arnold, Executive Director of the American Wind Wildlife Institute (AWWI) and Senior Mediator at Kearns & West
- 2009 Woman of the Year - Karen Conover, Vice President, DNV GL Group
- 2008 Woman of the Year - Rachel Shimshak, Director, Renewable Northwest Project
- 2007 Woman of the Year - Jan Hamrin, President, Center for Resource Solutions
- 2006 Woman of the Year - Jan (Blittersdorf) Blomstrann, CEO and President, Renewable NRG Systems Inc.
- 2014 Rising Star- Kylah McNabb, Program Manager and Wind Development Specialist, Oklahoma State Department of Commerce/State Energy Office
- 2013 Rising Star - Dr. Julie Lundquist, Assistant Professor at the University of Colorado at Boulder
- 2012 Rising Star - Jennifer Jenkins, Executive Director, Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA)
- 2011 Rising Star - Alicia Cushman, Wind Energy Assessment Manager, enXco
- 2010 Rising Star - Jennifer States, Senior Energy Specialist at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- 2009 Rising Star - Sarah Wright, Founder and Executive Director at Utah Clean Energy
- 2008 Rising Star - Elizabeth Salerno; Chief Economist & Director, Industry Data & Analysis at American Wind Energy Association
- 2014 WoWE Champion - Dr. James Walker, Vice Chairman of the Board, EDF Renewable Energy
- 2013 WoWE Champion - Ian Baring-Gould, Senior Mechanical Engineer at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- 2012 WoWE Champion - William H Holmes, Partner at Stoel Rives, LLP