- About WoWE
- Support WoWE
- Celebrate Women in Wind
- Explore Wind Energy
- Get Involved
WoWE Champion Award
Honors an individual (of any gender) who has significantly contributed to the advancement of women in the field of renewable energy. This award celebrates those who have notably supported and encouraged the growth of women and helped to increase educational and/or professional opportunities.
If you have problems viewing the google form below please email email@example.com
The nomination deadline for this award is March 11, 2016.
WoWE's 2016 WoWE Champion Honoree:
Anne M. McEntee leads the onshore wind business for GE Renewable Energy and is based in Schenectady, New York. Anne is a 17-year GE veteran who has worked and advanced through a series of increasingly responsible assignments in quality, manufacturing/operations and sourcing within GE’s energy divisions. Prior to her current role, Anne was president & CEO of GE’s flow & process technologies business, a division of GE Oil & Gas. In this role, Anne led the integration of Dresser, Inc. and the growth of the flow and process technologies division, which serves customers in the power generation, oil & gas and industrial segments. Previous to this role, Anne was general manager of Power Services, where she led the division’s global growth and expansion into India, Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe. She has also held the role of general manager for GE’s quality organization where she was responsible for managing and deploying the energy division’s quality strategy.
The WoWE Champion Lineage includes
- 2016 WoWE Champion - Anne McEntee, President & CEO Onshore Wind, GE Renewable Energy
- 2015 WoWE Champion Ed DeMeo, President, Renewable Energy Consulting Services, Inc
- 2014 WoWE Champion - Dr. James A. Walker, Vice Chairman of the Board of EDF Renewable Energy
- 2013 WoWE Champion - Ian Baring-Gould, Senior Mechanical Engineer at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- 2012 WoWE Champion - William H Holmes, Partner at K&L Gates